The Office of the Registrar is the official certifying body responsible for academic record sent to agencies responsible for loan deferments, insurance companies, and other agencies. Indiana University Kokomo has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verification information for loan deferment and degree verification requests. Acting as the university's agent, the National Student Clearinghouse data is based on official IU Kokomo student records. Information about what has been shared with external agencies including lenders is available from the National Student Clearinghouse website. Academic record information, available for verification, may include prior and/or current enrollment, enrollment status, grades, GPA, and final degree conferral. Enrollment information is available for certification at the end of the 100% refund period for each term. Enrollment and Degree Verification cannot be done for anyone with a past due to hold. It is important for students to keep their anticipated graduation date current as this information is used by lending agencies as part of deferment processing. Current students who simply want an unofficial copy of their course schedule or transcript may obtain one without charge through One.IU.
3rd Party Enrollment or Degree Verification
- Enrollment Verifications for each term will be available starting on the second week of classes for that term.
- Visit the National Student Clearinghouse web site at http://www.degreeverify.org for service.
- If you need assistance, contact National Student Clearinghouse directly at 703-742-4200. Customer Service Hours: Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.
- If National Student Clearinghouse can confirm the degree or enrollment, the response is immediate and requestors will be able to print and/or obtain a PDF version of the verification.
- Verifications for each term will be available starting on the second week of classes for that term.
Additional National Student Clearinghouse contact information:
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
Hendon, VA 20171
Phone: (703) 742-4200
FAX: (703) 742-4239