Online Graduate Certificate in Mathematics
Are you a high school teacher who teaches or wants to teach dual-credit or other college-level courses? Need a refresher or a deeper dive into the world of mathematics? You’re in luck! You can earn an online Graduate Certificate in Mathematics at Indiana University Kokomo!
An online certificate from IU Kokomo comes with a world of flexibility and convenience – without sacrificing quality! The courses in this program are taught by Indiana University professors and you’ll build community with your virtual peers just like in a classroom! Instructors for this graduate certificate may include instructors from the fields of finite mathematics, calculus, and other introductory college-level math courses.
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) requires high school teachers to hold a master’s degree in the field or a master’s degree plus 18 credit hours of graduate coursework in a specific discipline.
The online Graduate Certificate in Mathematics requires you to complete 18 credit hours.
- Mathematics core courses (9 credit hours)
- Mathematics elective courses (9 credit hours)
You will get to choose courses from a variety of areas:
- Typology and geometry
- Differential equations and applications
- Probability and statistics
In order to be admitted to this program, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree either in mathematics, a bachelor’s degree in education with a mathematics concentration or outside area, or two years secondary teaching experience in dual-credit mathematics
- A 3.0 or above GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Official transcripts to submit
- A 250-word personal statement explaining background and reasons for entering the program
Sound like your next step?
If the online Graduate Certificate in Mathematics sounds like what you need for the next step in your career, don’t wait! Apply for this flexible, convenient program today.
If you have unanswered questions regarding becoming an online student, learn more about what this experience might be like with IU Online.