The deadline to submit your abstract for the conference is November 20.
We welcome single or group presentations related to the conference themes. When you submit the abstract form, you'll need to have the following information:
- Title of your research.
- Name, department and email address of faculty mentor(s) and the faculty who worked with you to develop this research.
- Whether or not you want to do a 3-minute poster presentation or 10-minute oral presentation.
- An abstract description of 100-200 words.
- The conference organizers will attempt to schedule your presentation at a time when you are not in class but cannot make any guarantees.
- The conference organizers will review your abstract and then contact you about whether or not your abstract has been accepted to the conference. In most cases you will hear back within one week of your submission.
We strongly encourage faculty to nominate their excellent students to participate in the symposium. However, because this is a student-driven event students must be the ones to complete the abstract form.
- Contact students directly and let them know you think they have produced some quality work and that you urge them to present this work at the IU Kokomo Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Student work can include research papers, studies, art, posters, creative writing, etc. Research is not limited solely to traditional forms of academic endeavor.
- However, all work should be connected in some way to the three conference themes: COVID-19, racial inequality and injustice, or political polarization.