The deadline to submit your abstract for the conference is March 22.
We welcome single or group presentations. When you submit the abstract form you'll need to have the following information:
- Title of your research.
- Name, department and email address of faculty mentor(s) and the faculty who worked with you to develop this research.
- Whether or not you want to do a poster or presentation.
- An abstract description of 100-200 words.
- The conference organizers will attempt to schedule your presentation at a time when you are not in class but cannot make any guarantees. If you choose a poster session you will need to be available for as much of the time between 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. as possible.
The conference organizers will review your abstract and then contact you about whether or not your abstract has been accepted to the conference. In most cases you will hear back within one week of your submission
We strongly encourage faculty to nominate their excellent students to participate in the Symposium. However, because this is a student driven event students must be the ones to complete the abstract form.
- Contact students directly and let them know you think they have produced some quality work and that you urge them to present this work at the IU Kokomo Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Student work can include research papers, studies, art, posters, creative writing, etc. Research is not limited solely to traditional forms of academic endeavor.