To support faculty and students in their academic pursuits, IU allows users to request access to electronic resources at a campus other than their home campus. You may request access by completing and submitting the Educational Access form, provided below.
- Educational Access to Electronic Resources from a Campus Not One's Own - Policy and Procedures
- Request Educational Access to Library Subscription Electronic Resources on Another Campus (form)
Faculty who would like to use electronic resources available at a campus other than Kokomo for research are not covered by the Educational Access policy. However, faculty members have the option of working through their Dean using the following process:
- Contact the office of Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (EVCAA) to request access to electronic resources on another campus.
- Include in the request a letter of recommendation from your Dean, a statement outlining the scope of your research project, and an indication of the campus and database(s) to which you require access to conduct the research.
- The office of the EVCAA will contact the appropriate administrator on the campus from which you are requesting access.
- The appropriate host administrator will complete the process by securing an adjunct appointment for the requesting faculty member and notifying your EVCAA and the appropriate UITS administrators and staff of the new appointment.
- The duration for Adjunct/Visiting Scholar status is two years and is renewable for one additional year upon request. A new application is required at the end of three years.